First Post

 Hello, my name is Emily Blackledge. I've lived in Alaska since I was around 3 years old. At age 16, I moved to Fairbanks to attend university while also doing my high school. This year I graduated high school and became a full-time student at UAF. I love learning and have a deep respect for nature. My childhood was spent in the woods near Delta Junction. My people skills is not quite there due to living most of my life only surrounded by family and people I already knew. So life dramatically changed once I started taking college classes on campus. Anyway, here is am image I find appealing. 


I love listening to music. The genre really depends on my mood. It ranges from almost every genre, except for rap and heavy metal. I play the piano, penny whistle, and the melodian. I've never been to a concert and I don't think I ever will due to the screaming people that are usually attending them. As an introvert I make it one of my goals to avoid people in general. 





Comments

  1. There are plenty of concerts where the audience is much more sedate. I really enjoyed concerts by Emi Sunshine, and Jake Shimibakuro. I also attended a fabulous orchestra concert featuring visuals with the music from "Star Trek."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I love the image you chose, it is so pretty. Last of the Mohicans is a figure skating rink favorite in Juneau:) I can relate to being an introvert and I would suggest attending a symphony concert, as I find them to be more calming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just searched for this song last week while reading for one of my classes. I had to put my book down and listen more deeply because the song hurt my heart. I remembered that it was the scene where the son died. What a great movie and song. I think my favorite songs are those that touch my heart like this one does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evolutions of the Hurdy-Gurdy Instrument

"Demons"- 1st Musical Analysis Blog

Role of the Performer: Lindsey Stirling.